have you ever prepared desserts with blackberries? For many people it is not very pleasant to eat blackberries in their natural form, however, this perspective changes when they are consumed in a sweet recipe for snacks.
Blackberries contain high levels of vitamins and mineralsThat is why experts recommend including them in a balanced diet. As for its citrus flavor, I can tell you that it is perfect for making healthy desserts. Today I am sharing some easy ideas for cooking desserts with blackberries.
Learn to prepare desserts with blackberries at home
Making your own desserts at home is the safest way to eat healthy, since sweets and processed foods that they sell in the supermarket, have high levels of sugar and other harmful ingredients for our body.
If, like me, you like to innovate in the kitchen and make your own snacks, I recommend that you take advantage of the blackberry dessert recipes that I present to you today.
5 blackberry dessert recipes
Take paper and pencil to write down the step by step of these delicious healthy desserts.
Ingredients for the dough
- 80 g of fresh blackberries
- 2 eggs
- 80 g whole oat flour
- 120 g unsweetened plain yogurt
- 50 g of almond flour
- 15ml olive oil
- 5 g baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- stevia to taste
Ingredients for the coverage:
- 250 g of blackberries
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 20 g of raw honey
- 210g coconut milk
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of 180º
- In a bowl mix the dry ingredients, flour and yeast.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs and add the yogurt, vanilla extract, olive oil and stevia.
- Combine both mixtures, until you have a homogeneous mass.
- Add the blackberries and pour the dough into a donut pan, do not fill to the top, leave enough room for them to grow.
- Bake at 180° for approximately 12 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven and reserve to let cool.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, place the blackberries for the topping, the coconut milk, the lemon juice and the honey. Cook until all the ingredients are integrated and then take to the processor to eliminate the lumps.
- Unmold the donuts and dip them into the mixture.
- Place them on a plate and they are ready to eat.
Natural blackberry and strawberry popsicles
Mix all the ingredients in the blender until there are no lumps. Pour the preparation into special palette molds and place the chopsticks. Take to the freezer for 4 to 5 hours, unmold and enjoy.
Light blackberry jam
- 500 g of blackberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 20g Stevia
- Place the blackberries with the lemon juice and stevia in a bag and leave to macerate overnight.
- Cook the marinade in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring so that it does not stick.
- Continue cooking and stirring for an hour or so.
- When the mixture has a thick but smooth texture, remove it from the heat and let it cool for about 20 minutes.
- Store it in an airtight glass container
- Spread or serve as you like.
Blackberry parfait with yogurt
- ¾ cup Greek yogurt
- 6 filleted strawberries
- ½ cup of fresh blackberries
- ¼ cup granola with almonds
- Place ¼ cup of yogurt in the bottom of a glass cup.
- Top with half the blackberries and half the strawberries, top with ¼ cup yogurt.
- Add the rest of the fruits and cover again with the yogurt.
- Top with the granola and you’re done.
Sugar Free Blackberry Cupcakes
- 50 g of almond flour
- 100 g of blackberries
- 1 egg
- 40g butter
- 5g yeast
- 10g stevia
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat in oven to a temperature of 180° C
- Beat the egg together with the stevia and vanilla.
- Add the melted butter, almond flour and yeast.
- Mix with the mixer and add the blackberries in pieces.
- Pour the dough into a silicone mold or in a greased metal mold
- Bake at 180º for 10 min.
You can complement these cupcakes with this healthy pastry cream:
- 3 egg yolks
- 500 ml of skimmed milk
- 40 g cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of Stevia
- 3 unflavored gelatin sheets
- In a saucepan, cook the egg yolks, vanilla, milk and Stevia.
- In a bowl, combine a little milk with the cornmeal, and add to the mixture that we have on the stove, stirring constantly.
- When the cream has thickened enough, add the previously hydrated gelatin with a little water.
- Mix well and remove from heat
- You can serve the cream on top of the cupcakes with the help of a piping bag, but if you don’t have one, use a butter knife.
I love blackberries, not for this, these are some of my favorites. Do you know another recipe for desserts with blackberries?