The bean sprouts they are very nutritious! Did you try them? Although they are not part of our traditional diet, these small sprouts are one of the healthiest foods that we can find in nature.
Soy is a type of legume that when it germinates becomes a bean sprout. As a legume, it has a large amount of vegetable protein, which is why it is so used in the nutrition of vegans and vegetarians.
Thanks to the germination process, it acquires a large amount of vitamin C, representing an excellent antioxidant and stimulant of the immune system. They do not contain fat, they have very few calories, but a lot of fiber, which helps us regulate intestinal transit.
What are you waiting for to eat them? Keep reading and find out all the properties of bean sprouts, and you will also learn how to prepare them at home.
Bean Sprouts: Concentrated Nutrition
Nutritionists consider soybean sprouts as a super-nutritious food, which is part of the legume family and whose properties provide many health benefits.
Within its composition, vegetable protein, potassium, fiber and vitamin C stand out. In addition, they are very low in calories and fat, so they are They are considered one of the most healthys that exist.
Legume sprouts, including soybeans, are highly recommended for those who follow a diet vegan or vegetarian, since they can be one of your main sources of protein to replace that of animal origin.
Properties of bean sprouts
Soybean sprouts have great nutritional value, providing beneficial properties for our body:
Improve the symptoms of menopause
Bean sprouts are rich in isoflavones, a substance with a molecular structure very similar to estrogen that help reduce symptoms associated with menopausesuch as hot flashes and mood swings.
Likewise, inside they contain phytoestrogens that especially help to strengthen and maintain bones, especially in the process of menopause.
Help reduce blood cholesterol
The fiber, vitamin C and isoflavones in soybean sprouts promote the protection of the circulatory system and the heart. Thanks to its cardioprotective properties, it helps lower blood cholesterol, preventing the formation of fatty deposits in the arteries.
Cleansers and antioxidants
The antioxidant effect of this “vegetable meat” serves to combat cell damage caused by oxidative stress, which, helps slow down aging and prevent degenerative diseases.
On the other hand, soybean sprouts concentrate large amounts of water, exerting a diuretic and digestive action that facilitates the elimination of toxic elements accumulated in our body.
Recipes with bean sprouts
Bean sprouts are a versatile food that gives dishes a lot of freshness. They are refreshing, tender and have a truly exquisite flavor. You can eat them raw, sautéed, or simply use them to decorate.
Do you want to know how to prepare them? Next, I show you two recipes with bean sprouts, rich and very simple:
1. Stir-fried pork and bean sprouts
- 200 gr of fresh bean sprouts
- 200 gr of pork loin
- 50g of Sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 50g chives
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Clean the bean sprouts, passing them through water, dry them well and reserve.
- Wash the chives and tomato, cut them into small sticks.
- Remove any possible fat from the pork and cut it into pieces of the same size
- Place a skillet over high heat and add the sesame oil, minced garlic and pork.
- Let it cook for half a minute without moving. When the meat begins to brown, flip and stir until seared.
- Remove from the pan and place in a container.
- In the same skillet, add the dried bean sprouts, scallion, and tomato.
- Sauté the sprouts well and add the reserved pork meat, stir with a spatula to mix all the ingredients.
- Next, add the honey, salt, white pepper, soy sauce, and oyster sauce.
- Keep stirring and cooking for about a minute.
- Turn off the heat and serve the hot pork. You can add a little chives to decorate.
2. Fresh Bean Sprout Salad
- 200 gr of bean sprouts
- ½ green pepper
- ½ fresh chives
- Salt and pepper
- A pinch of curry powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- Cut the chives and green pepper into thin strips.
- Heat a frying pan and add a little oil to sauté the chives and pepper. Let them rest until they cool down.
- Mix the sofrito with the bean sprouts and add salt and pepper
- Combine a tablespoon of olive oil, ½ tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and a dash of curry. Pour this dressing over the salad and mix.
Did you know all this stuff about bean sprouts? In what other preparation do you usually include them? I read you.